DATE AND TIME:
The following courses and dates are included with your registration fee:
- Intro to Photography 101: Understanding the Tools of Photography - This workshop typically runs for 4 hours, and will occur on Saturday, November 2nd at 10:30am in the Looking Glass classroom.
- Intro to Photography 201: Using Photography Tools to Create Compelling and Unique images - This workshop typically runs for 4 hours, and will occur on Sunday, November 3rd at 10:30am in the Looking Glass classroom.
- Intro to Photography 301: Next Steps, More Gear, and Where to Go from Here - This workshop typically runs for 4 hours, and will occur on Sunday, November 10th at 10:30am in the Looking Glass classroom.
CLASS SERIES OVERVIEW:
This is an Entry-Level three-day workshop series covering the basics of photography. The primary objective of the series is to provide each participant with a solid base of photographic knowledge, skills, and abilities to better create great images. Each day will include interactive, hands-on learning, sharing, and photo discussion.
DAY 1 (Saturday, November 2nd) – Understanding the tools of photography
- What is photography, and how a camera works
- The Exposure Triangle and getting your camera out of “auto” mode: ISO, Shutter Speed, Aperture, Exposure modes and when to use each
- Various Camera Settings, what they do, and when you should change them.
- Assignments to reinforce day 1 knowledge
DAY 2 (Sunday, November 3rd) – Using photography tools to create compelling and unique images
- Recap of day 1 and review of assignments
- Snapshots vs. Great Photographs
- Compositional elements and how the eye reads a photo
- Finding Inspiration and Resources
- Assignments to reinforce day 2 knowledge
DAY 3 (Sunday, November 10th) – Next steps, more gear, and where to go from here
- Recap of day 2 and review of assignments
- Camera Lenses
- Other Equipment
- Miscellaneous Tips
- Flash Photography
- Editing and Saving Photos
- Question and Answer Session
- Final thoughts and ongoing learning
- A digital camera with manual controls
- Notepad and pen or pencil
- No specific level of photographic experience is necessary for this course
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Michael is a tirelessly self-taught photographer with an unwavering passion for the craft. He shoots everything from landscapes to sports, weddings, events, wildlife, products, and over the past few years has specialized more and more in portraits and models. Michael has work hanging at the California Academy of Sciences and at the Alameda Historical Museum. He had a photo selected as the cover of a Random House bestseller, and was published in a special edition of Bake magazine. He was president and is a currently active board member of the Alameda Photographic Society. He has also taught a series of photography workshops for the week-long UC Berkeley Lair of the Bear camp.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Intro to Photography Series: The Complete Series - NOV 2, 3 and 10