The ProMaster Mini Dovetail Clamp works with the Mini Dovetail Plate as well as all ProMaster XC-M Tripods (every XC-M has an MD Plate factory-installed to the yoke).
MD stands for Mini Dovetail. It allows for quick attachment of photographic accessories. The clamp itself has a common 3/8"-16 threaded port allowing it to be connected to accessories like a flex arm, articulated arm, etc. A 1/4"-20 threaded adapter is also included with this clamp.
How might you use an MD Clamp? You can connect the MD Clamp to an XC-M yoke in just seconds. Perhaps you have a Flex Arm pre-attached to the MD Clamp and an LED light attached to the other end of the arm. Imagine you are taking macro shots on an overcast day and you want to use a light to add some flair to the photograph. Connect your MD Clamp to the XC-M Tripod and use the flex arm to place the LED light in the perfect position. Now you can operate your camera while the light remains in place.
The MD Clamp allows you to connect and position lights, flashes, phones, tablets, video monitors, microphones, and more!
If you don't own an XC-M Tripod but wish to use this incredible system with another tripod or grip item, purchase the MD Universal Q.R. Plate (3685).
Important Specs: MD Clamp (3573)
- Allows for the quick attachment of photo accessories.
- 3/8”-16 threaded port and comes with a ¼”-20 threaded adapter.
- Compatible with the Mini Dovetail Plate (3685) and the pre-installed MD Plate found on the yoke of every XC-M Tripod.
MD Plate (3685)
- Weight: 13/16 oz / 34 grams
- Connection type: 3/8"-16 threaded female port (1/4"-20 adapter included)
- Dimensions: 28 mm Long x 20.5 mm Wide x 8 mm thick (not including the protruding 1/4"-20 threaded mounting post)
- Weight: 3/8 oz / 11 grams