DATE AND TIME:
Our new Online Live classes are taught by our longtime teacher and friend, Michael Kawano. These classes will be taught online using Zoom, which is a super easy to use and effective online group meeting tool. Included in this From Good to Great Photography series are two one hour class sessions as follows: Session #1 is on Saturday, May 2nd at 10:00am; Session #2 is on Sunday, May 3rd at 10:00am.The class is accessed via your computer in the comfort of your own home.
CLASS SERIES OVERVIEW:
The primary objective of this class is to introduce or expand upon your knowledge of various artistic and compositional ideas, tools, and terms that can improve all types of photography. many of the techniques and compositional tools a photographer can use to improve their images. The class consists of two one-hour online courses with live instruction and allows for Q&A and interaction. Homework will be given to reinforce what you have learned and get you applying your new knowledge.
- What makes a photo great?
- Elements of Composition and how to use them
- How the eye reads a photo
- How to direct the viewer’s eye within a photo
- Working a scene or subject
- Dissecting images – the vocabulary of composition
- The techniques discussed apply to nearly any type of photography (even phone photography) so no special gear is needed
- A computer with internet access and webcam, as well as downloading the free Zoom application. A follow-up email with instercutions to access and download the Zoom app, etc., as well as a class invite link will come shortly after your registration.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR:
Michael is a tirelessly self-taught photographer with an unwavering passion for the craft. He shoots everything from landscapes to sports, weddings, events, wildlife, products, and over the past few years has specialized more and more in portraits and models. Michael has work hanging at the California Academy of Sciences and at the Alameda Historical Museum. He had a photo selected as the cover of a Random House bestseller, and was published in a special edition of Bake magazine. He was president and is a currently active board member of the Alameda Photographic Society. He has also taught a series of photography workshops for the week-long UC Berkeley Lair of the Bear camp.
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Online Live - From Good to Great Photography Class