Product detailsThe K-1 takes greatness to the next level. As the first full frame DSLR engineered under the PENTAX brand, the K-1 brings outstanding performance, operability and affordability to photographers. With its large 36.4 megapixel CMOS image sensor, the K-1 incorporates all of the performance of a high-resolution full frame 35mm digital camera as well as all of the unique PENTAX-original features and technologies that photographers have become accustomed to, in a compact, rugged, weather-resistant body.
- High-resolution, fine-gradation images supported by approximately 36.4 effective megapixels. The K-1 features an AA filterless design that prioritizes image resolution. Coupled with the new PRIME IV imaging engine, capable of 14-bit RAW-format image recording.
- In-body sr mechanism assures optimal shake reduction performance. The SR II five-axis mechanism enables accurate control of the large full-frame image sensor with all compatible PENTAX interchangeable lenses.
- Pixel shift resolution system with a new motion correction function. The K-1 uses the latest super-resolution technology, which captures four images of the same scene by shifting the image sensor by a single pixel for each image, and then synthesizes them into a single composite image. It provides handy shooting functions, including auto level compensation, image-composition fine-adjustment, and ASTRO TRACER, which simplifies advanced astronomical photography using a built-in GPS module.
- Flexible tilt-type lcd monitor to accommodate various shooting angles. The K-1 features a newly designed, flexible tilt-type LCD monitor, which tilts horizontally, vertically or diagonally with a single action, without deviating from the lens’s optical axis. The LCD panel can even be laid flat up or down.
- Newly developed safox 12 with 33 sensor points and full-frame-proportioned af frame. The SAFOX 12 AF sensor module features 33 AF sensors (25 cross-type sensors positioned in the middle). The sensors are designed to detect the light flux of an F2.8 lens, making it easy to obtain pinpoint focus on a subject when using a large-aperture lens.
- Upgraded pentax real-time scene analysis system, with application of artificial intelligence technology. The K-1’s advanced PENTAX Real-Time Scene Analysis System performs near instant analysis of exposure, color, movement and other factors. Combining with a breakthrough technology called deep learning, the K-1 instantly optimizes settings for even the most difficult shooting situations.
- Easy-to-focus optical viewfinder with nearly 100-percent field of view. Newly developed for its 35mm full-frame design, the K-1’s optical viewfinder provides a nearly 100-percent field of view and an approximately 0.7-times magnification.
- Operation assist led lighting. The GPS feature records shooting location, facing direction, and date and time into image data. Electronic Compass records the shooting direction, and Astro Tracer combines these features with SRII shake reduction to capture rock-steady images of heavenly objects in the night sky without streaking or blurring during long exposures.