Renting is a perfect way to have the equipment you need for a special project or simply want to try something prior to buying it. For those looking to try before you buy, you can apply 50% of the rental fee you paid (up to a one week rental) toward the purchase of that same item. All you have to do is make the purchase within 7 days of returning the rental equipment.
RENTAL EQUIPMENT LIST:
- CLICK HERE for our 6-page list of available equipment, complete with daily and weekly rates.
RENTAL DEPARTMENT HOURS:
- Monday through Friday: 10am-6pm (Note: pick-up and drop-off times vary. Please check with one of our staff members about your specific needs.)
- Saturday and Sunday: Rental Department is CLOSED
CONTACT US ANYTIME TO MAKE A RESERVATION:
- CALL: 1-510-548-6888
- VISIT: 1045 Ashby Avenue, Berkeley CA
- EMAIL: [email protected]
OUR RENTAL DEPARTMENT HAS UNIQUE ADVANTAGES:
- Repair Loaners: If you have gear that needs repair, be sure to ask someone on our customer service team for details.
- Gear For A Specific Project: From time to time you might find yourself with a personal or professional photographic project that could be made so much easier and better with the right gear. Well, now you can have that gear on-demand, when you need it!
- Try-Before-You-Buy: Often we find ourselves wishing we could try a specific camera and/or lens before buying it. Sometimes, this helps us make more informed purchase decisions. With our rentals (as already mentioned above), if you buy the same item you rented from us within 7 days of the rental return, you can apply 50% of the rental fee to the purchase (up to a one week rental)! Pretty cool, right?!
EASY AS 1, 2, 3
- Identify your needs: Work with our rental department and reserve the items best suited for your needs. To discuss options, simply give us a call or visit us in the store.
- Bring a picture ID and a major credit card: Your credit card (not a debit card) serves as a temporary deposit for the item you are renting, equal to the replacement value of the item should it be damaged or lost. You can also choose to leave a cash deposit, should that be your preference. Then you're out and about with the rented item of photography goodness until the due date and time for return.
- Pick up your rental: On the day of rental pick-up, you're item will be available in our rentals department for expedited service. It will be ready for pick-up at 3pm on the date you have it reserved.
Pick up your rental between 3pm-6pm on Friday and return it by noon Monday, and you'll only be charged for one day. THE RENTAL DEPARTMENT IS CLOSED ON SATURDAYS & SUNDAYS, so if you want to rent equipment over the weekend, Friday is the time to do it!
We have everything you need. Whether a quick home studio set-up like the one pictured below, or just a key lens for a specific project, you can count on the Looking Glass Rentals Department to hook you up.