The new, extremely versatile Alpha 6600 camera has been designed to address the needs of the most demanding photographers and videographers. The camera brings many of Sony’s most advanced imaging technologies into a compact, lightweight APS-C body.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW
Top features include a 24.2MP Exmor™ CMOS image sensor, the latest BIONZ X™ image processor and a front-end LSI implemented in Sony’s full-frame cameras. This powerful trio combines to deliver all-round enhancements in image quality and performance across all areas of photo and video capture.
The Alpha 6600 offers a lightning fast autofocus acquisition time of 0.02 seconds. With 425 focal-plane phase-detection autofocus (AF) points covering approximately 84% of the image area and 425 contrast-detection AF points, the high density and wide coverage of the AF system ensure reliable AF, even in the most challenging light conditions. The camera also benefits from Sony’s ‘Real-time Tracking’ which utilizes Sony’s latest algorithm including Artificial Intelligence-based object recognition to ensure that subjects can be captured with excellent accuracy, even via the touch panel on the rear screen. In addition, the new models offer ‘Real-time Eye AF’, the latest version of Sony’s acclaimed Eye AF technology, which employs AI-based object recognition to detect and process eye data in real time, resulting in improved accuracy, speed and tracking performance of Eye AF for both humans and animals, and allows the photographer to concentrate exclusively on composition. The Alpha 6600 also offers Real Time Eye AF in video.
AN EYE FOR DETAIL:
Based upon feedback from users of existing Sony APS-C camera users, further features have been added to the Alpha 6600 to fine tune the user experience. These include:
- Improved color reproduction; Algorithms inherited from full-frame models deliver natural color reproduction, particularly in skin tones
- Hi-resolution internal 4K movie recording with full-pixel readout without pixel binning in Super 35mm format with easy smartphone transfers via the Imaging Edge™ Mobile application
- Interval shooting for stunning time-lapse videos
- 180-degree tiltable, 3.0-type 921k-dot (approx.) LCD touch screen
- Integrated Microphone input for clear and crisp audio on video recordings
Across an ISO range of 100-32000 (expandable to ISO 50 – 102400), the new Alpha 6600 offers superb low-noise performance and delivers extremely high-quality images, even in low-light conditions. By applying noise reduction and sharpness processing optimally in each area, Area-specific Noise Reduction and Detail Reproduction Technology greatly reduce noise while preserving high resolution contributing to fine reproduction of subject textures and shadow details.
The Alpha 6600 also packs in many of the technology breakthroughs that are attracting praise on Sony’s high-end full-frame cameras. These include:
- Sony’s innovative 5-axis in-body image stabilization system that results in a 5.0-step shutter speed advantage
- Implementation of the industry-leading long battery life with Sony Z Battery for the first time on an APS-C camera, enabling extended power performance; approx. 720 still images using viewfinder, approx. 810 images using LCD monitor
- A tough magnesium alloy design that is dust and moisture resistant
- Real-time Eye AF for movie shooting. When activated, the eye of a subject is automatically tracked with high precision and reliability, allowing the shooter to focus on the content itself as opposed to what is in focus or not in focus. Touch Tracking functionality will also automatically initiate Eye AF when a human subject is selected
- Integrated headphone jack which allows the user to connect high-quality headphones for accurate monitoring of recorded sound
0 stars based on 0 reviews
Add your review
Review Sony Alpha a6600 APS-C Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera