Product detailsWide zoom range (82 - 315mm 35mm equivalent) ideal for sports or nature. Built-in image stabilization reduces blur when shooting at long range or in low light.
Capture smooth, blur-free images
Built-in Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization within the lens provides smooth, blur-free photos and videos when shooting handheld.
Instead of a standard polygon-shaped lens aperture, this lens features a 7-blade circular aperture for more natural, rounded defocusing, or bokeh.
Refined optical performance
Aspherical lens elements minimize distortion while ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior contrast, resolution, and color fidelity.
Fast, agile focusing
The internal focusing mechanism means the lens barrel doesn’t move, enabling a more compact design, faster autofocus response, and reduced minimum focusing distances.
- Aperture (Max.): f/4.5 - 6.3
- Aperture (Min.): f/22 - 32
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 82.5mm-315mm
- Filter Diameter: 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 9 groups, 13 elements (2 aspheric surfaces)
- AF for Movie Capture: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 3.2ft (1m)
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Aspheric Elements: 2 aspheric surfaces
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 2-1/2 x 2-1/4" (63.8 x108mm)
- Exterior Finish: Metal
- Internal Motor: Yes (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight: 12.1 oz (345g)
- Mount Material: Metal
Advanced Features Image Stabilization: Optical SteadyShot
Service and Warranty Information Limited Warranty Term: 1 Year Parts & Labor