Wide and dynamic footage
With a wide-angle lens it's easy to capture dynamic footage, spotlighting both you and your location when you're taking selfies. Capture more of the city or the natural backdrop, and bring your viewers along with you in a shared experience.
A fixed focal length lens makes it easy to shoot a vlog that grabs the viewer's attention- This type of lens creates a smooth, natural background blur that lets the subject stand out. It's also useful when 'you want a brighter image in a dimly lit setting.
Super close-ups highlight the details
Unlike other types of lenses, a macro lens can get you closer to your subject, allowing you to capture the small details at a bigger size than with normal lenses. Whether it's an accessory you're wearing or a meal you're preparing, a macro lens can pull in very close to your subject and show off every glorious detail.
With a telephoto lens, you can shoot far-off objects, scenery or action with clear detail, whether you're vlogging while travelling or just shooting everyday life. Zooming in and out can also add an extra dynamic element to your story.
Expand your vlogging with over 60 lenses
Sony's lens line-up can add an extra dimension to the vlogs you make with the ZV-E10. Sony offers more than sixty lenses that are ideally designed for Sony cameras, including lenses that are tailored to moviemaking. Select from a unique line-up of lenses, and explore your powers of self-expression.
One-touch control of background blurring
There's no need for complicated manual adjustments - just press a single button to turn background blurring (bokeh) on and o!. Select “Defocus” for a professional-looking blurred background to draw attention to the main subject, or “Clear” to show the entire scene in sharp focus.
Add drama with slow and quick motion1
With the ZV-E10's Still/Movie/S&Q button, you can easily access S&Q mode to shoot slow-motion video1 at a speed 4x slower than real time2 3. Or, by changing the setting, you can shoot quick motion1 3 up to 60x faster. These can be shot without post-editing on a PC, with clear Full-HD quality.
Ideal for product-review videos
Eliminate the frustration of recording product review videos. When the Product Showcase Setting is activated, the camera will quickly and automatically shift focus from your face to a product held in front of the camera, without the need to place your hand behind the product to shift the focus to it.
Natural and smooth skin tones
Without any special settings, the ZV-E10 will capture your skin tone with a natural look. There's also a Soft Skin E!ect to smooth your skin's appearance, which is adjustable to OFF/ Low/ Mid /High4 depending on your preference.
High-quality video even when you're moving
The ZV-E10's image stabilisation system can shoot smooth, clean video footage even when you're walking5. Another feature, Face Priority Auto Exposure (AE), will automatically brighten the lighting of your face. Even when you're walking, it automatically detects your face and makes adjustments to keep it brightly lit as you move from indoors to outdoors, through light or shadow.
Automatic, precise focus
Without any settings, the ZV-E10 can automatically track your face and eyes to keep a steady focus without wandering o! onto other subjects. When you do want to shift focus, just touch the LCD monitor and the camera will track the subject you choose with AI-enabled6 Real-time Tracking7.
Smooth, professional focus transition
With the ZV-E10, focus speed can be customised to fit the mood, for a more impressive look. The camera lets you choose from seven di!erent speeds8, from a quick transition to a more leisurely one. Watch the video below for inspiration on its use.
Shooting grip for smoother vlogging
The optional GP-VPT2BT9 makes it even easier to take selfies and shoot from high or low angles. You can also access controls on the grip without reaching for the camera's buttons while shooting. With these controls you can start and stop recording, handle zoom operations and set the Background Defocus (Bokeh) Switch.
The larger sensor makes a difference in quality
The ZV-E10's impressive images are the result of the camera's large APS-C sized image sensor – the same kind found in cameras all the way up to professional cinema models. The sensor is more than ten times larger10 than ones you would find in a typical smartphone, so it collects far more light and more image data, in order to create beautiful images and evocative bokeh e!ects.
Professional-looking bokeh at your command
The ZV-E10 makes it easy to shoot impressive images with a softly blurred background, like the kind you see in movies. The camera's large-size sensor makes this possible, allowing you to take striking shots where the subject really stands out against the background.
Impressive 4K movies11
Making high-resolution 4K movies11 is as easy as pressing the MOVIE button12, and the ZV-E10's large image sensor enables a beautiful range of colors. For maximum detail, the image sensor records 2.4x13 the volume of data needed for 4K11, then condenses the data to produce the final recording.
Clean footage in dim lighting
Even when you're shooting in poorly lit settings, the ZV-E10 delivers beautifully detailed images with minimal noise. Once again, it's all thanks to the large size of the camera's image sensor, which maximises light collection. The result is clear, clean images even when shooting indoors with dim lighting or outdoors at night.
Built for Clear Voice Recording
The ZV-E10 makes it easy to clearly record your voice without any worries. The internal Directional 3-Capsule Mic is optimised to capture sound from in front of the camera, recording your voice clearly even when you're in a crowd.
Clear sound recording even outdoors in the wind
The ZV-E10 comes with a wind screen that reduces wind noise when you're shooting outdoors. Just attach the wind screen for worry-free shooting, and you won't have to adjust noise levels after shooting.
For even higher audio quality
Unlike with conventional analog audio transmission, you'll never need to worry about cable signal interference. Just pair the ZV-E10 with any microphone from Sony that supports a Digital Audio Interface via a Multi Interface (MI) Shoe for clear, low-noise, all-digital audio.
Simple remote connectivity with high-quality images
The ZV-E10 can be used as an online communication tool, a live-streaming camera14, taking advantage of its large sensor and built-in mic. To use the ZV-E10 as an external camera14, connect it to a PC15 or a Sony Xperia™ smartphone16 via a USB Type-C® cable connection.
Learn more about the ZV-E10
- With compatible Sony external flash
- With compatible extemal flash
- Varies according to shooting conditions or memory card used
- Supports Micro USB compatible device.
- Sony accessories for the Accessory Shoe can be attached.
- The LCD screen is turned on, shot once every 30 seconds, operate zoom alternately between W and T ends, flash strobe once every two times, tum power off and on once every ten times.
- Indication recording time, which is defined by repeating the cycle: Power on, start recording, zoom , stand-by and power off
- Approximately, when compared with a 1/2.3 inch sensor
- 4K (QFHD 3,840 x 2, 160)
- When shooting at XAVC S 4K 24p.
- With battery and memory card included.
- Optical zoom requires a power zoom lens. For other lenses, change the setting to "Clear Image Zoom" or "Digital Zoom" for electronic zoom.
- Employing Al (artificial intelligence) technology, including machine leaning.
- Sound recording is not possible. A Class 10 or above SDHC/SDXC card is required.
- Image crop in Active Mode. Active Mode is not available when recording at frame rates of 120 (100) fps, including S&Q_
- A Class 10 or higher SDHC/SDXC card is required for XAVC S format movie recording. I-IHS speed Class 3 or higher is required for 100 Mbps recording.
- Frame rates are 1-120fps (NTSC) or 1-100fps (PAL)
- In-camera movie playback is in the horizontal position. Whether or not movies are displayed in the vertical position on an external device may depend on the particular device.
- Please use the latest version.
- When shooting stills, eleven effects are available. Not available when shooting in Intelligent Auto mode.
- Wi-Fi does not work during interval shooting.
- Set to movie mode and select "USB Streaming" from Menu before you connect to compatible devices.
- Windows 10, Windows 8.1/macOS 10.13 - 10.15, macOS 11.0. Please refer to the Sony website, or contact customer support for information regarding support on upcoming Xperia TU smartphones. Compatibility with other smartphones depends on manufacturers' specifications. A commercially available USB cable and/or terminal adaptor may be used to connect to equipment with a USB Type-C port.
- Continuous recording time for movies.
- CIPA standards.
- Supported in Catalyst Browse/Prepare Version 2020.1 or later Image stabilization metadata that can be used by Catalyst is generated when using a Sony E-mount lens with the camera's optical image stabilization set to [OFF] or [Active].
- Features and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.