Product detailsThe weather-resistant zoom lens XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR is a flagship "XF standard zoom lens" with a focal length equivalent to 24mm* to 84mm*, and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. The advanced optical design controls various forms of aberration to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
Optically designed to draw out the maximum image quality as a flagship standard zoom lens
In order to achieve the best-in-class image quality, the fast standard zoom lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 consists of 17 elements in 12 groups. This includes three aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and three ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral chromatic aberration (wide-angle) and axial chromatic aberration (telephoto), thereby achieving edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
Nine rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. The suppression of spherical aberration to the ultimate extent contributes to produce beautiful bokeh at both the front and back.
Applying Fujifilm's unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI (Gradient Index) coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light. By combining this lens with an X Series camera body* with Lens Modulation Optimizer** (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*** to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
High-speed, quiet auto focus thanks to the Linear Motor
By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Twin Linear Motor, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. The fastest AF speed of 0.06 seconds brings comfort to your photo-shoot when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body* offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
By applying seals to each portion of the barrel, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the FUJIFILM X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
- Type: XF16-55mmF2.8 R LM WR
- Lens configuration: 17 elements 12 groups (includes 3 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements)
- Focal length (35mm format equivalent): f=16-55mm (24-84mm)
- Angle of view: 83.2°- 29°
- Max. aperture: F2.8
- Min. aperture: F22
- Aperture control: Number of blades 9 (rounded diaphragm opening); Step size 1/3EV (19 steps)
- Focus range: Normal 0.6m - ∞(whole zoom position), Macro 30cm - 10m (Wide), 40cm - 10m (Telephoto)
- Max. magnification: 0.16x (Telephoto)
- External dimensions: Diameter x Length* (approx.) * distance from camera lens mount flange: ø83.3mm x 106.0mm (Wide) / 129.5mm (Telephoto)
- Weight* (approx.) *excluding caps and hoods: 655g
- Filter size: ø77mm