The power of a Phase Fresnel lens in a revolutionary 300mm.
Introducing a thrilling new 300mm f/4 prime lens capable of changing the way pro and serious enthusiasts shoot. At just 147.5mm long and 755g—over 30% shorter and 1.5lbs lighter than its predecessor—the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR is the world's lightest 300mm full-frame AF lens. (As of January 5, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.) The secret to its remarkable size? A Nikon-designed Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element, a first for the NIKKOR DSLR lens lineup. But handling isn't the only advantage; the PF element also performs brilliantly—achieve new levels of sharpness and clarity with virtually no chromatic aberration or ghosting. Whether you shoot fashion, portraits, nature, wildlife, sports, action or today's big stories, the AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR will help you capture stunning views of the decisive moment.
What's in the box
- Specially designed Phase Fresnel (PF) lens element enables a compact design and outstanding optical performance
- Vibration Reduction (VR) for sharper photos and steadier videos
- Compatible with most Nikon teleconverters for greater reach
- AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/4E PF ED VR
- LC-77 Snap-On Front Lens Cap 77mm
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- HB-73 Bayonet Lens Hood
- CL-M3 Semi-soft Lens Case